Don’t have an account? Register now!
X
Facebook Login
Google Login

or register a Legends Decks account

Forgot your password?
Already have an account? Log in now!
Nittany 1 month ago
Hey all, thought I would start a list that would be primarily for people that have limited crafting resources and want to get the most value per craft. Keep in mind that this list is constantly a work in progress and I am super open to hearing anyone’s thoughts about it. I’ll start off by saying solid Legendaries (one attribute), have more value than dual attribute Legendaries because you won’t be restraining yourself to a particular archetype right off the bat, this applies especially to new players. I’ll rate the Legendaries in terms of priority : HIGH, MEDIUM, LOW.

HIGH tier cards are the strongest individual crafts, especially if you are new to the attribute and don’t have many supporting cards.
MEDIUM tier cards require more synergy from other cards.
LOW tier cards are very niche in comparison and require full deck synergy.

Cards marked with an asterisk * are granted to you for free (1 copy) via level up rewards.

Strength
Aggro/Midrange/Combo
HIGH
Blood Dragon (Versatile in Aggro/Midrange Archer & Crusader)
Vigilant Giant* (Solid Midrange closer)

MEDIUM

Reive, Blademaster

Intelligence
All archetypes
HIGH
Daggerfall Mage (Tremendous utility, usable in various decks)
Supreme Atromancer* (Midrange/control)

MEDIUM
Indoril Archmage
Divayth Fyr
Nahkriin, Dragon Priest

LOW
Mentor’s Ring
Staff of Sparks

Willpower Willpower
All archetypes

HIGH
none (No individual impact)

MEDIUM
Renowned Legate*
Dawn’s Wrath
Auroran Sentry
Descendant of Alkosh
Miraak, Dragonborn

LOW
Dawnbreaker
Haafingar Marauder

Agility Agility
Aggro/Midrange/Control

HIGH
Tazkad the Packmaster (Undisputed value, gold standard versatility)
Ungolim the Listener (Early tempo with added late game value)

MEDIUM
Necrom Mastermind
Quin’rawl Burglar*

LOW
Thieves’ Den
Nest of Vipers
Spider Daedra

Endurance Endurance
Control

HIGH
Lucien Lachance (Makes the cut whether token or value based deck)
Nahagliiv (Control staple)
Blood Magic Lord* (^)

MEDIUM
Black Marsh Warden
Bone Colossus
Iron Atronach

LOW
Night Talon Lord*

Dual Attribute
All archetypes.

HIGH
WillpowerEndurance General Tullius (The midrange/control token style decks take advantage of this effect making it extremely synergistic and vital for the Spellsword class)
Willpower Ayrenn (The most action heavy decks reside in the Mage class, Ayrenn enables card efficiency and combo turns while fueling a win condition in Lillandril Hexmage)
Endurance High King Emeric (Fills the notable 6 drop void for Sorcerers in addition to providing target damage for the ward heavy minion-trading class)

See also  Couldrest Illusionist

MEDIUM
WillpowerAgility Ahnassi (Covers the main weakness of Monk decks which is Guard/Ward spam but just misses High prio because the true workhorse in Monk decks is Master of Thieves, Ahnassi is the icing not the cake)
AgilityEndurance Red Bramman (The control heavy Scout class has several options at 7-9 Magicka and the effect is potentially swingy if landed on 2+ targets)
Agility Queen Barenziah (This card has a very swingy effect and can actually turn games if used correctly. Assassins have the best Last Gasp synergy in the game and it isn’t an issue to get 2+ minions to stick)
Endurance Gortwog gro-Nagorm (Surprisingly a good addition to Warrior decks which are generally Aggro/Midrange in nature as of now, snowballs board power and demands removal)

LOW
Merric-at-Aswala (Highly volatile, boom or bust. The issue is landing this on the right board state – on Turn 7, Battlemages generally don’t have a way for making things stick, but the card has potential down the road)
Willpower Tyr* (Very standard, it won’t make or break the Crusader decks, there are many other options if not included; there’s a reason why this one is free folks)
Agility Allena Benoch (A cool card with an interesting effect, the problem is that Archer has absolutely no need for it in the current state, especially with something as dominant as Triumphant Jarl)

18 Comments

Faid 1 month ago
If i were you, I would use of tiering cards. It will allow players to make decisions with more than just a rating and instead understand why the Legendary is tier’ed as high or low as it is.

Takwin 1 month ago
This is a good list. Thank you.

figjam17 1 month ago
What’s the best legendary to craft first?

1 Reply
Nittany 1 month ago
It depends entirely on what colors you want to play. If you are just starting out I would suggest picking a ‘base’ color then looking into variant combinations.

A rare exception to this could be Willpower Willpower, as none of their legendaries are individually the splash that most people would want on their first craft (the attribute’s other cards are extremely synergistic). In this case it may even be worth considering a dual attribute legendary.

figjam17 1 month ago
Thanks. I wish to try all combinations, since everything seems to be fun and just brings more variety.

Regarding legendaries, I got to play with bunch of them in Arena.

See also  Nahagliiv and Dawn's Wrath / Mantikora

Ungolim the Listener is my favorite so far. I used Brilliant Experiment on it and was so much fun. :D

Daggerfall Mage and Supreme Atromancer are excellent.
Blood Dragon and Tazkad the Packmaster seems to be good as well.
Miraak, Dragonborn sadly is very weak.

So will probably craft one from above soon.

Apart from those, I really like to give Mundus Stone and Wabbajack a try. The latter just for fun.

figjam17 1 month ago
You should also make a guide on which is better card to choose from story mode.

Example: Orb of Vaermina or Tyr

Thanks <3

giant is bad
haafinglar god tier

MacDermot 1 month ago
I really think mentors ring is better than “weak”. In the dedicated ward decks, givinh your team ward is a huge tempo swing. It’s not that consistent but I still feel like it deserves to be medium. I personally think that daggerfall mage is the best legendary.

RassaR 1 month ago
Haafingar Marauder can easily win you some games. 6 HP (2 runes) is not that much and you can get almost anything (0-12 extra mana). Even average weapon could have a nice effect ie draw a card or shackle. I’m not an expert but with 1 rune broken i consider it a good value. Two or more runes usually means my opponent concede.

Snorlax 1 month ago
Nice list. It would be really awesome if you made it more in-depth, explaining each Legendary.
I am said Dawnbreaker isn’t better, such a good daedric artifact within Elder Scrolls lore :(

1 Reply
mets 1 month ago
i replied to this with the rest of the legendary cards and i gave my reasons for their ranking

mets 1 month ago
just for the sake of completeness i’ll mention the multi-color and neutral cards (although i dont know which are free)

Merric-at-Aswala – Low – Dust it. way too high mana (7) for a 2/2 body with a mediocre effect (the hemet nesingwary of esl?)

Tyr – Med – doesn’t see much play cuz of lack crusader decks, but is amazing value off a rune and otherwise is alright

Allena Benoch – Low – in theory it can 2 for 1 but usually doesn’t, though it does require an answer, still there are more effective and efficient removal options available for archer

Gortwog gro-Nagorm – Low – really cool effect and a 6 mana 4/6 isn’t the worst, but it does have to stick to get value. i’d imagine it’d be best in a mid range or a control warrior deck (just hearing that brings shutters down my spine) that plays high-end like vigilant giant, nahagliiv, iron atronach, etc. but then also plays a lot of spells and such to try to give you a better chance of getting one of the big boys. this card could be insane in a deck built around it. Big minions and lots of action based removal would be perfect. still not worth crafting, but in the future with more cards being released this guy could be nuts

See also  Pilfer/drain Monk Audit

Ayrenn – High – Good in any mage deck

High King Emeric – Low – only sees play in a sorcerer-ward deck and nothing else

General Tullius – High – basically another win condition for spellsword

Queen Barenziah – Low – her effect seems very conditional to me and it isn’t powerful enough to justify a 6/3 for 4 mana

Ahnassi – Low/Med – very good in the right situations, and has decent stats to where you dont need value from its summon. unfortunately monk hasn’t had any very strong decks yet, so no reason to craft

Red Bramman – Med/High – very good in control sorcerer. sets up lethals and/or by turns. though since its effect only targets one lane it can be very stitutional and a 9 mana 5/5 isn’t very good

Adoring Fan – Leave – Seriously why cant i ever get rid of you? like the golden one? But seriously this card is pretty bad, though it would have its best impact in a control v. control matchup, but why run this over well, anything? i only killed this guy 5642 times in oblivion, when will he learn?

Mundus Stone – Low – very random, though it is awesome when you get what you want but bad otherwise. surprised i havent seen more people try to play this in spellsword token, still i would certainly not craft it unless you really want that title

Wabbajack – Fun – thats it. its fun. could see it run it two different types of decks, use it in control to try to make big minions smaller and easier to kill or in a token deck to try to beef some stuff up. not worth crafting though

Orb of Valencia – Low – 1 and a 1/2 thoughtsteals for six mana over three turns, yeah i know this game aint hearthstone but still its bad value, and it could be good in a control v. control though absolute garbage vs aggro

Goldbrand – Free – Decent. best when you need one more card to put in your control deck, but dont have a spare 1200 dust for another legendary

Odahviing – High – an absolute must have in almost any control deck. dropping this can lead to some of the biggest tempo swings in the game

You must be logged in to reply.
Please  Log In or  Register
Members: 3304
Threads: 122
Rate article
Legends Decks
Add a comment